Valued Team Member, Navigator, Spokesman
Dan has the communications skills and business experience to help companies connect with diverse stakeholder groups and to craft compelling stories; important stories told the right way to more people that grow support across communities.
- See Published Articles for recent writing samples.
- See Clients for examples of successful partnerships.
Trained as a journalist, Dan gained valuable experience as a writer, editor and publisher in print, photo, video and online.
- Key to success: listen first, find the connection second and follow up always. Be prepared to tell the big story or a quick verbal snapshot.
Dan was a writer and editor for industry trades before he joined Amoco in the early 1990s. Whether it was as an independent contributor or a key member of the team; whether it was on projects big or small, Dan learned there’s always something new and interesting around the corner.
- He published Adventure Road, the Amoco Motor Club member magazine (circulation 1.5 million);
- Key team member on the national launch of the first combination major-brand fast food restaurant and gasoline convenience store.
Following the mega-merger of Amoco and BP in 1998, Dan was posted to company offices in Baltimore and suburban Chicago before finally landing in Colorado in 2003.
- Led a collaborative effort in Durango that succeeded in informing and earning community support for a multi-million-dollar infill drilling program;
- Defined and distributed the story of a new 300-megawatt wind farm in northern Colorado that was picked up nationwide.
More recently, Dan directed external affairs at Enerplus Resources, a successful mid-size energy company in Denver. He teamed with industry groups on key legislation, built the company brand across the Rockies and improved relationships with the leaders and members of a Native American tribe in North Dakota.
Dan and his wife, Devera, live in Wheat Ridge with a cute but stubborn mid-size dog.